Friday, July 4, 2008

What a week

Well, I am opening up to the world of blogging and finding it amusing and somewhat time-consuming. It is a tool that has great potential...especially on weeks when I don't have four, yes four, holiday parties in honor of the 4th of July. I can see myself using this to serve many purposes. Communicating with professional working mothers to learn how they balance it all is something I hope to explore. I have many friends who are at-home moms (God love them) and I have been envious of them on one hand and on the other I think they are totally nuts. I, however, returned to work (teaching history at a high school) shortly after each the boys (currently 6 and 7 years old) were born. I fully enjoyed the time I had with them but knew I had to get back to work. So, I have been trying to juggle "it all" as they say. Now I am pursuing my master's in library science and added one more thing to my plate. So, blogging is now a part of my life. I have enjoyed reading the blogs of seasoned librarians. I have found those that are posting blogs about their own interests and their professional experiences are the most enjoyable. I have also created an account on bloglines and have enjoyed the news sites and the on-the-spot news updates. So cool. Now I am off to party number 3 for this holiday. Did I mention I have my husband's family reunion on Sunday? I can't wait.

No comments: