Sunday, July 6, 2008

Librarians' Internet Index

After I read the news from my blonglines account I searched through the Librarians' Internet Index (LII.org) and found an amazing site created for teachers by the Library of Congress. The Learning Page: Especially for Teachers contains lessons and activities for teachers of history. The lessons are categorized by topic and the grade level is indicated. The lessons are linked to national standards, which is always a plus. I am going to share this site with my colleagues when school is back in session. I don't currently teach US History but it will hopefully benefit the other teachers in my department. As well, Reuters has some interesting articles. I was quickly updated on the political scene (if only Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain could see eye to eye) and even read a quick article on Madonna and Guy Richie. Why? I am not really sure because I could care less about their relationship, or lack there of. As my previous posts indicated we had a busy week and we are finally home and ready for a more restful week. We made it through the family reunion, thank goodness.

No comments: